CHECKLIST OF RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE LANDER COMMUNITY AND CONVENTION CENTER
BOOKING: The Lander Community and Convention Center may be booked for only two years in advance. Those bookings already recorded longer than that period will be honored. Fees are subject to change.
|Fee||Days 2-4 = 5% Discount||Day 5 or longer 10% Discount|
|Bar & Lobby||$150||NA||NA|
|Breakout Room||$20/hr or $100 per day||$95.00||$90.00|
DEPOSITS: $250 Deposit (Refundable if no damage is done) damage includes, but is not limited to: broken chairs, broken tables, spilled items on the carpet, bird seed and confetti inside the center and trash outside the building.
FEES: A holding fee of $75.00 or 10% of the total fee will be required at time of booking. The fee will be applied to your rent fee. The remainder of your fees must be paid two weeks before your event date. If you have to cancel your event, it must be done two weeks prior to your scheduled event or the use fee is non-refundable. Fees are subject to change.
THE LANDER COMMUNITY CENTER IS A NON-SMOKING FACILITY: If evidence of smoking is found inside the Community Center building you will be assessed a $250.00 smoking fee in addition to your refundable deposit fee.
USE OF FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT: Tables, chairs, kitchen equipment, dishes and silverware, glassware and cleaning equipment may be used, however, damage to those items will be paid for by the user. Cost for damage will be deducted from the damage deposit. You will be responsible for ALL damages exceeding the deposit amount. TABLES AND CHAIRS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE COMMUNITY CENTER BUILDING.
NON-USE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Table confetti of any kind
- Birdseed (may be used only outside facility)
- No Smoking within the facility – with or without your knowledge
If these items are used within the building you will forfeit your damage deposit.
LANDER COMMUNITY CENTER RESPONSIBILTY:
If the Community Center is not acceptable when you enter for your event you must call the City Hall at 332-2870 to have a City representative inspect the facility prior to your event.
When an event is scheduled and booked at the Lander Community Center the following responsibilities shall be adhered to:
The City of Lander shall be responsible for the following:
- Insurance on the building and its contents owned by the City of Lander;
- Liability insurance for the use of the building;
- All utilities;
- Employment of a person to clean the premises;
- Cleaning the facility;
- Rules and Regulations for the use of the Community Center
The User/Applicant shall be responsible for the following:
- Insurance, if they elect to do so, for any items brought into the Community Center for the event;
- Perform walk-through of facility with the Community Center caretaker That those persons attending the event obey the rules and regulations of the Community Center and conduct themselves in an orderly manner and not cause any damage, excessive trash, broken bottles, liter, etc., to the Community Center or any City property located in the area of the Community Center. The Lander Golf Course is not a part of the Community Center and should not be used in conjunction with activities held at the Community Center.
- That an application for use of the facility has been procured in advance from the Lander City Hall, and all fees have been paid in advance, including a damage deposit.
- If alcohol is to be served at the event, the following shall also apply;
- It shall be noted on the application;
- Proper security must be supplied by the applicant;
- A proper license for alcohol must be procured. This will either be a catering permit of the event is being catered by a holder of a Retail Liquor License or a Malt Beverage Permit may be obtained by an individual or community organization.
- The applicant shall be responsible to ensure that all liquor laws are complied with.
- A catering permit or malt beverage permit must be approved by the Lander City Council in advance. The City Council meets every second and fourth Tuesday of the month, and application for a permit must be submitted no later than the Thursday before the meeting.
- All applicants must either procure liability insurance for the event or sign an indemnity agreement, which agrees to indemnify the City of Lander for any and all damage it may suffer as a result of alcohol.
- Cleaning charges above and beyond normal use.
After your event you are responsible to:
- Clean the kitchen, dishes, sinks, dishwasher, stove and ovens.
- Turn out all lights
- Take trash outside to dumpster
- Put tables and chairs away
- Lock all doors